Group Reporting Update
2021 Q2 is getting to an end and is time for new product releases to come into play. That is also the case for Group Reporting, where several features are expected according to roadmap. The most relevant upgrade was provided on the Data Collection app, which version 1.0 is live since April. In this post, we will review some of the benefits of this new release.
Data Collection App.
With the April 2, 2021 release, data mapping and input forms have been enhanced, providing additional functionalities:
- New import options are available when creating a data mapping job: update mode – delete or overwrite – and period mode – periodic or year-to-date.
- A new public API is delivered which supports additional fields, such as transaction types, to improve mapping with SAP S/4HANA general accounting data.
Once the API is implemented, your remote system can push selected data to SAP S/4HANA for group reporting. Data mapping definitions are automatically applied, and the mapping jobs automatically run. Unconsolidated / reported data is saved in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting (ACDOCU table), and you can proceed with your consolidation process.
- You can also use data mappingif you need to transform general accounting data (ACDOCA table) within the same SAP S/4HANA instance or from a separated instance for consolidation purposes (ACDOCU table)
- The latest release also enhances the formsfeature, with updated pre-defined forms including their guidelines. SAP Group Reporting Data Collection forms allow you to enter financial or non-financial data manually in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting (in the ACDOCU table), either by using SAP pre-delivered content, or by creating your own forms. With this manual data collection capability, you can enrich the released / loaded data not captured in your SAP S/4HANA ERP:
- Specific movement types.
- Additional information required for consolidation or management reporting.
- Consolidation of investments.
- Partner information for the elimination of profit on inventory.
- Non-financial information needed for notes disclosure such as employee or sustainability information.
You can also use forms to enter data of companies outside of your SAP S/4HANA ERP landscape.
- Lat, you can leverage a new how-to guide which helps you with the integration scenario for transferring accounting data from a SAP ERP Central Component system to SAP S/4HANA for group reporting as a file-based interface. This guide explains how to import data from SAP ECC in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting using data mapping.