Key features & benefits of SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting
SAP S/4 HANA for Group Reporting is SAP’s next generation consolidation and group reporting solution. It is available for all deployment scenarios (on-premise, single and multi-tenant) and is designed to incorporate the best features of prior SAP consolidation solutions. For example, SAP BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation), SAP FC (Financial Consolidation), SAP SEM-BCS (Business Consolidation System). Based on latest product releases*, a short summary is given of key features of this new consolidation and group reporting solution.
Key feature 1 – Simple data modelling
Data modelling related to SAP S/4 HANA for Group Reporting is as any other consolidation solution, based on required fields, f.e. dimensions (DIM), consolidation unit (CU) , chart of accounts (CoA) etc. The addition of additional dimensions or reporting items within this new solution is as easy as indicated in the picture to the right (no extra modelling or mapping to add additional dimensions required).
You just mark a check box and additional reporting requirements are added to your data model and become master data. This is all done real-time and without any data replication. So from a master data management perspective a major advantage compared to other CPM vendors. But then again, keep in mind that this major advantage is only available for those companies that have implemented a SAP S/4 HANA for all finance related transactions (ERP).
Key feature 2 – Live data collection
Data collection can be done by selecting the desired upload method; in this case reading from the Universal document.
The Universal document integration allows for local currency of consolidation unit to be populated from any currency field in Universal Journal (i.e. Functional Currency).
Key feature 3 – Live, Extensible master data
SAP S/4 HANA core accounting master data is real-time available (can be shared (without replication)) and can be extended with master data that is only relevant for consolidation. In other words, consolidation master data can be easily combined with accounting master data. See screenshot below.
Key feature 4 – Easy set-up of validations
When setting-up the validation rules (in the general information tab) you have one, clear view (see screenshot below) for all necessary parameters. For each validation rule an id is created, a name for the validation rule can be given, a tolerance can be precisely set and a control level (e.g. error, warning or information) can be set. You can also enforce a textual comment for each validation rule and it is also possible to visualize the formula that a validation rule uses for the left and right side.
Key feature 5 – Consolidated reporting
Analysis for Office (AFO) is the reporting solution for the creation of consolidated reports like balance sheets, P&L or Cash Flow Statement. It will be the main facilitator for reporting packs at local and consolidated level.
SAP Analytics Cloud is the reporting solution for visualization of any consolidated or non-consolidated financial information. The use of a live data connection ensures that analysis and process steps can be facilitated by looking at real-time data.
When the Digital Boardroom is also used, than management can have interactive discussions using commenting and presentation decks looking at live data at any level and granularity.
Finally we can summarize the following benefits for SAP S/4 HANA for Group Reporting:
- Fully aligned with SAP S/4HANA key concepts of real-time data access and minimizing data replication ( transactional and master data).
- Eliminates need for periodic extraction and replication of data into traditional stand-alone solutions.
- Leverages “single source of truth” being the Universal Journal.
- Fully integrated component of SAP S/4HANA (common user experience, authorizations, reporting tools, shared master data (where applicable) and full transactional data access).
- Potential to significantly reduce time to close, facilitate continuous accounting and enhance both audibility and reliance on reported results.
- New innovative capabilities and concepts leveraging the power of in-memory computing.
* Latest product releases: SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting Release 1809 (on-premise and single tenant); and SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Group Reporting Release 1905 (multi-tenant)